It is normal to experience some swelling, discomfort, and bleeding after dental implant surgery. However, most patients can return to work the next day. To reduce your risk of complications, it essential that you follow recovery recommendations, including:
- Resting for the remainder of the day after your procedure
- Exercising caution when brushing your teeth around the surgical sites
- Applying ice packs to manage any swelling
- Eating a soft food diet for the first few days
- Avoiding exercise for three or four days
- Taking medication as prescribed
During the recovery process, you may need to attend a follow-up visit at our Charlotte office to monitor your progress. If you experience any concerning symptoms such as signs of infection, you should contact our office immediately.